Google

Friday, January 12, 2007

Friendships Come & Go

You know how you have your friends and then you have your "friends"? I mean there are the people you are friends with at work and people you have met in random ways that you kind of keep in touch with, but then there are your real friends. These are the people you can not talk to for days, weeks, months, even years. Although the moment you do talk it is as if no time has gone by at all. You are able to pick up right were you left off! They still get you and you get them. I was talking to one of those friends just the other day about how different people come into your life for different reasons, and how you grow apart from certain people. I've been giving it some thought and realized I am not always the best "friend". I get caught up in life and loose touch with some of my very closest and dearest friends, but they forgive me for it. How have I come to earn this pass for my rude and inconsiderate behavior is unknown to me. What is known is that I have a few very special friends! While friendships have come and gone in my life as I am sure they have in yours, I've come to the conclusion that these special friends are not friends at all.

They are more than that. I think it is like a chosen sister or brother. You have known them forever and you except the good with the bad as they do for you. You may not see them or talk to them at times but they are always in your hearts! So while friendships come and go these people don't ever go, because they aren't friends per say. They are your selected family.

In school days you had your BFF (best friend forever) now that we are all adults we don't necessarily refer to each other that way. It is nice to know that while your friends and family may judge you for things you do in your life, your very best of friends or your "chosen family" that you hold closest in your heart do not judge you. While they may not be in agreeance with you they are there for you. They are supportive while nobody else is. They are your rock when you need to be grounded, but in a good way!

You don't have to have a lot of these types of friends. Some people may only have one and some may have many. Consider yourself lucky that you have them because there are people that don't have special friends like you and I do! I have less than a half dozen people that fall into this category and that is plenty for me! These people may not know each other but they know me and I know each one of them inside and out. We are part of each others support team. Being part of that team of chosen sisterhood gives me a satisifying feeling. It is good to know you are loved, and even better to know how much you love the others in yourlife.

No comments: